"I was looking for a Chavrusa, so I decided to build a site that would allow me to find one online."
An Innovative Way to Learn
Are you having a difficult time finding a Chavrusa...
- ...who fits your busy schedule?
- ...who wants to learn what you want to learn?
- ...who is on your level?
If so, you have come to the right place!
What is Chavrusamatch.com?
Chavrusamatch.com connects Jewish people of all ages, backgrounds and interests to learn Torah together at a time and in a manner that works for them. Busy men and women can find their same-gender matches to engage in dynamic Torah study.
Chavrusa Match facilitates three types of learning arrangements: in-person, for the individual struggling to identify a chavrusa locally, due to scheduling constraints or other limitations; and phone or Skype/video chat, for busy professionals or those living in remote locations without access to in-person resources.
How does Chavrusa Match work?
- Create a Profile. Create a profile listing your personal information, learning background, preferences and vision.
- Post a Learning Request and Prepare to Learn. Once you’ve created a profile, delineate what kind of learning you’d like to do, and your availability to do it. Wait until you are contacted by a prospective match, then embark on your Torah journey together.
- Search the Postings. Search the current learning postings via basic or advanced search tools found on the home page, then filter the results based on your specific interests and schedule. If you see somebody who appears to be a match, press “connect” and an email will be sent to your prospective chavrusa.
Does this website cost anything to use?
No. Chavrusmatch.com offers its services gratis to the Jewish community. However, tax-deductible donations are graciously accepted to assist with site maintenance and development. Click here to donate now.
Who created this website?
Chavrusamatch.com was founded by an entrepreneur and Torah educator living in Baltimore, Maryland. Web design is courtesy of MTM Productions.